TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: PAUL IN EUROPE II
- Story of the conversion of Lydia – Acts 16: 11 -40
- Significance of the conversion of lydia
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Narrate the Story of the conversion of Lydia
- Mention the Significance of the conversion of lydia
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with Paul’s journey from Troas to Macedonia.
WORD FILE: riverside,baptized.
Memory verse: Acts 16: 14
Bible references: Acts 16: 6 -15
THE STORY OF LYDIA CONVERSION
On the Sabbath day, Paul and Silas went to pray at a riverside outside the city gate in Philippi; there they spoke to some women. One of the women was a rich trader who sold purple clothes used by kings and nobles; she was from the city of Thyatira and she was a worshiper of the living God.
The lord touched Lydia’s heart that she believed the good news Paul preached to the people. She was later baptized together with her household. After she had been baptized, she begged Paul to stay in her house. So Paul and Silas agreed.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE CONVERSION OF LYDIA
For a rich woman to be converted shows that the Holy Spirit was involve and that the mission of Paul was being accomplished.
Secondly she invited Paul and Silas to stay in her house and she took care of them after her conversion. We also should always take care of missionaries and the work of God in our various churches.
Prayers: O lord, give us the boldness to tell others about Jesus. In Jesus name.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (PAUL IN EUROPE I).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand PAUL IN EUROPE II
- The teacher explains the story of Lydia conversion.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the significance of Lydia conversion.
- Explain Paul journey from Troas to Macedonia.
- Explain the Story of the conversion of Lydia
- What are the Significance of the conversion of lydia
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: PAUL’S MISSION I
NEXT LESSON: THE EPISTLES OF PAUL