TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 10
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: God make men and Women
- What is creation?
- Roles of men and women. Genesis 2:18 – 27; 3: 13 – 18
- Confusing gender distinction. Ephesians 5: 21 – 33
- Misconception about the differences between men and women.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- To know What is creation
- Know the Roles of men and women.
- Know Confusing gender distinction.
- Know the Misconception about the differences between men and women.
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with Love of Money.
WORD FILE: rib, muscles,sexual organ.
Memory verse: Genesis 2: 18
Bible references: Genesis 2:18 – 27; 3: 13 – 18, Ephesians 5: 21 – 33
What is creation? Creation is the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new.
CREATION OF MAN AND WOMAN
In the beginning, God made only man, Adam. After sometime, God saw that it was not good for Adam to live alone, he decided to make a helper for him. God cause a deep sleep to fall upon him. While he was sleeping, God took one of his rib s and closed up the place with flesh. God created woman out of the rib he took from Adam, and brought her to him.
God created man and woman differently.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
- Men have stronger bones and muscles than women
- Men have deeper voice than women
- Men grow beard and moustaches while women do not.
- Women develop bigger breasts than men
- Women sexual organ is different from that of men
- Men and women dress differently
- Women get pregnant men don’t
- Women deliver babies men don’t
ROLES OF MEN
From the bible, the roles of men are as follows:
- Provide shelter for his family
- Provides food for his family
- Provide clothing for his family
- He must protect his family.
- He must bring up the family in the way of the lord.
- Provides education and health care for his family.
ROLES OF WOMEN
- Take care of the children.
- Help her husband from time to time.
- Cook for the family.
- She bears children for her husband.
- She helps the children to know God.
CONFUSING GENDER DISTINCTION
Just as Satan deceive Adam and eve to sin against God, Satan is still deceiving human beings to do what is not right in the sight of God. He want men to change the natural way god have created men and women. While bring confusion and evil to the society.
The following are some of the confusing gender distinction:
- Satan make some women want to be like men through dressing and Behaviour.
- Satan makes some men want to be like women like wearing of earrings, plaiting their hair.
- Practice of homosexuality. That is men marrying men and female marrying female.
The effects of the confusing gender distinction leads to
- Damages social values
- It threatens the marriage institution.
So, Christians should avoid any action or attitude that can confuse gender distinction. Men and women should be contented with how God have crested them and give all glory to God.
MISCONCEPTION ABOUT THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
The following are different idea of people between men and women
- Some say men are important then women
- Some value women than men
We should know that we are all humans and we are created by God in his image. Therefore we are equal before God.
Prayers: O lord, thank you for creating us a male and female, in Jesus name. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (Love of Money II).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand why God make men and women.
- The teacher explains creation of man and woman by God.
- The teacher explains difference between men and women.
- The teacher explains the roles men and women.
- The teacher explains confusing gender distinction.
- The teacher explains misconception about the differences between men and women.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the roles men and women.
- Explains the creation of man and woman by God.
- State three differences between men and women.
- List the roles men and women.
- List three confusing gender distinction.
- Mention some misconception about the differences between men and women.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Love of Money II
NEXT LESSON: proper Expression of Sexuality