TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: Proper Expression of Sexuality
- What is sexuality?
- Marriage is the proper place to express ones sexuality. Hebrew 13: 4
- Reasons for reserving sex for marriage. Songs of Solomon 3:5
- Benefits of expressing ones sexuality in marriage. Song of Solomon 3: 5, 8: 4 -7, Hebrew 13: 4.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know what sexuality is.
- Understand why Marriage is the proper place to express ones sexuality.
- Know the Reasons for reserving sex for marriage.
- Know the Benefits of expressing ones sexuality in marriage
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with why God make men and women.
WORD FILE: sexuality,Marriage.
Memory verse: Song of Solomon 3: 5
Bible references: Hebrew 13: 4, Song of Solomon 3: 5, 8: 4 -7, Hebrew 13: 4
What sexuality? Sexuality determine if someone is male or female.
Reasons for Reserving Sex for Marriage
The following are reasons for reserving sex for marriage
- To honour God’s Word.
- To prevent unwanted pregnancy
- To prevent illegitimate child
- To prevent false marriage.
Benefits of Expressing Ones Sexuality in Marriage
- Blessing of marriage.
- To produce Godly child.
Prayers: O lord, thank you for creating us a male and female, in Jesus name. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (why God make men and women).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand Proper Expression of Sexuality.
- The teacher explains the Reasons for reserving sex for marriage.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the Benefits of expressing ones sexuality in marriage.
- What is sexuality?
- Mention three Reasons for reserving sex for marriage.
- mention three Benefits of expressing ones sexuality in marriage
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: why God make men and women
NEXT LESSON: proper Expression of Sexuality