TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 1
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: GOAL SETTING
- Types of Goal setting
- Importance of goal setting. Luke 14: 27 – 28
- Basic steps for achieving goals. Luke 14: 29 – 33
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the meaning of goal
- Know the Types of Goal setting
- Know the Importance of goal setting.
- Know the Basic steps for achieving goals
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: achieve, accomplish, particular.
Memory verse: psalms 20: 4
Bible references: Luke 14: 27 – 33
A goal is a plan someone hopes to achieve within a certain period of time while goal setting is a guide for achieving one’s plans within a certain period of time. To achieve anything in life, there must be a plan and with God on our side, we will achieve the goals.
TYPES OF GOALS
We have short –term goals and long- term goals.
SHORT TERM GOALS are what we want to achieve in a short period of time e.g in a day, in a week or in a month.
LONG – TERM GOALS refers to what we want to achieve in a long period of time, e.g. in a year, in three years, in twenty years or more than that.
Importance of Goal setting
Goal setting help us to:
- Helps us to accomplish what we want.
- Makes us happy when we achieves the set goal.
- To add value to our life.
- Makes us productive.
Basic Steps for Achieving Goals
The following are step we use for Achieving Goals
- Pray that God should help you make a good plan that will enable you achieve a particular goal.
- List the goals
- Write the steps you will use to achieve the goal.
- Share the goals with members of your family and your friends for support and help.
- Start doing the things you have written as steps to achieve your plan.
- Check your progress by asking yourself questions.
- Continue and don’t stop taking the steps until you achieve you goals.
Prayers: O lord, help us to set good goal and achieve it.in Jesus name. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (THE EPISTLES OF PAUL).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand GOAL SETTINGS
- The teacher explains the meaning of goal and goal settings.
- The teacher explain the types of Goals
- Teacher leads pupils to mention steps on how to achieve their goals.
- What is Goal and Goal setting?
- We have ———- types of Goals.
- Differentiate between long term and short term goals
- Mention steps to achieve a goal.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: PAUL’S MISSION II
NEXT LESSON: DECISION MAKING