TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
SUBJECT: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
THEME: GAMES AND SPORT
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
- The history of football in Nigeria.
- facilities and equipment of football
- drawing and Labelling of football pitch with dimensions
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know about:
- Narrate the history of football in Nigeria.
- Identify the facilities and equipment of football
- Draw and Label the football court with the right dimensions
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Physical and Health Education.
- Edudelight Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with Basketball.
WORD FILE: Modern, British, administrators.
HISTORY OF FOOTBALL IN NIGERIA
Modern football started from England. The sport was introduced to Nigeria by the British administrators and missionaries during the colonial rule.
Football is played and loved by both mm and women, a team is made up of 11 players including the goal keeper.Another name for football is SOCCER.
Grouping in football game
- Senior tournament group
- Under 20 tournament group
- Under 17 tournament group
FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT OF FOOTBALL
- the game is played on a rectangular field with a dimension of 90 by 45 metres
- there is a centre circle of 9.15m radius
- There are two goal post each at the centre of each goal line.
- The leather ball has a diameter of 68 cm and weigh of 396gram.
SKILLS IN BASKET BALL
Some of the skills in football are:
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (BASKETBALL).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (FOOTBALL).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Learners practice how to play football
Teacher ask the learners to:
- What is football?
- Narrate the history of football.
- Mention four skills in football.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: BASKETBALL
NEXT LESSON: PERSONAL HEALTH CARE OF THE BODY