TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: MARRIAGE PROBLEMS AND SOLUTION (MARRIAGE FAILURE)
- Marriage problems and
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to know:
- What is marriage
- Types of marriage.
- Marriage practices in Nigeria and their difference from one community to the other.
- Marriage problems and solution.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with Marriage.
PROBLEMS OF LIVING TOGETHER IN MARRIAGE
- Peoples like and dislikes are not the same.
- People think differently
HOW AND WHY DISAGREEMENTS OCCUR
- Lack of money
- Influence of friends (gossiping)
- Problems from in- laws
SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS OF MARRIAGE
- Both couple should be honest with each other.
- They should care for one another through love and sharing.
- They should learn to listen to one another.
- They should be patience with each other.
- They should learn to tolerate one another weaknesses.
- They should respect each other’s view.
- They should cooperate and plan with one another.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (MARRIAGE).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (MARRIAGE PROBLEMS AND SOLUTION (MARRIAGE FAILURE)).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three problems in marriage.
- Mention three solution to problems of marriage.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: MARRIAGE
NEXT LESSON: OUR CULTURE AND ELEMENT OF CULTURE