TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
SUBJECT: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
THEME: ATHLETICS (FIELD EVENTS)
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: TRACK EVENTS – Relay Race
At the end of this discussion in this unit, student should be able to know about:
- Track event
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Physical and Health Education.
- Online Materials.
- Edudelight Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with Middle distance.
WORD FILE: baton,Sprinters.
A relay race is a track event in which athletes run between teams. Each athlete run part of the distance with a baton before passing it to the next runner in his/her team.
The runners in relay races are called Sprinters. Relay team is made up of four (4) sprinters.
The two standard relay are:
- The 4 * 100 metre (400) relay
- The 4 * 400 metre (1600) relay
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Track Event – Middle distance).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (Track Event: Relay -Race).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion.
- Learners practice relay race.
Teacher ask the learners to:
- Mention the types of relay race.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Track Event – Middle distance
NEXT LESSON: Track Event: Relay -Race