TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: UTILITIES SOFTWARES
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Mention examples of utilities software.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Antivirus cd
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with Operating System.
WORD FILE: resources, operating, maintenance.
It helps the operating system to control, maintain and manage different computer resources. Is is the house keeper of the system software.
Examples of utility software and it functions
- Anti – Virus: it is a type of software that is used to detect, prevent and destroy all kinds of computer virus or malwares. E.g. Avast Antivirus, Eset Antivirus, Bit defender.
- Scan Disk: it is used to remove and test for any error on the hard disk. It is also used as a maintenance tool with an operating system.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Operating System).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Utilities Software
- She/he explains Utility software.
- She/he mention the examples
ofsoftware. utilities pupils to mention Teacherleads the examplesof utilitiesSoftware.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: the students mention the types and examples of utilities software.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- Define utilities software.
- Mention two types of utilities software.
- Mention one examples of utilities software.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Operating System
NEXT LESSON: Application Software