TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: OPERATING SYSTEM
- Meaning of operating system.
- Examples of operating system.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Define operating system.
- Know examples of operating system.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students have been taught system software.
WORD FILE: communicate,supervise,resources.
Operating System is the software that allows a user to run all other applications and execute different task on the computer. The operating system efficiently manage the resources of the computer system. It communicate with the computer operator and supervise the input and output operations.
Examples of operating system are:
- Windows OS – e.g. windows xp, windows 7, windows 8, windows 10.
- Linux Operating system – e.g Ubuntu os.
- Unix OS – Mac osx
- Microsoft Disk Operating System. (MS Dos)
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (SYSTEM SOFTWARE).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Operating System
- She/he explains the Operating system.
- She/he explains the types of Operating systems.
- She/he mentions the examples of each Operating system.
- The teacher leads pupils to mention the examples of each Operating system.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: the students mention the types and examples of each Operating system.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- Define Operating System.
- Mention three types of Operating system.
- mention one examples of each Operating system.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: SYSTEM SOFTWARE
NEXT LESSON: UTILITIES