TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
SUBJECT: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
THEME: ATHLETICS (FIELD EVENTS)
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: TRACK EVENTS – Middle Distance
At the end of this discussion in this unit, student should be able to know about:
- Track event
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Physical and Health Education.
- Online Materials.
- Edudelight Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: sprint, marathon.
Track events are events that involves running between lanes (1.22m wide) on the fields.
Track event are sub grouped into
- The sprint races, including hurdles() like the straight sprint(50m, 75m, 100m and 110m hurdles), the semicircular sprints(150m, 200m), circular sprints (400m, hurdle(100 * 4, 200 * 4, 4 relay races)).
- The middle distance races like the 800m, 1500m races.
- The long distance races and marathon like 3,000m, 5,000m, 10,000m, and marathons.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (
- The Teacher introduces the topic (TRACK EVENTS – Middle Distance).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Learners practice some track events.
Teacher ask the learners to:
- Mention the types of track event
- Mention the type of field event
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: NON LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENT
NEXT LESSON: TRACK EVENT – RELAY RACE