TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS AND CONCEPTS
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: USES OF COMPUTER CABLE
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Explain the uses of computer cable
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Microsoft word cd
- Corel draw cd
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students were taught setting up a Computer system
WORD FILE: monitor,external, devices.
USES OF COMPUTER CABLES
The following are the uses of computer cables
- Power cable:
- It is the cable that is supply power to the monitor.
- It is the cable that is supply power to the system unit.
- It is the cable that is supply power to the printer.
- Usb cable:
- It is used to transfer data from one device to another.
- It is used to connect external devices like keyboard, mouse to the computer.
- Network or Ethernet cable:
- It is used to connect parts of the computer and other network devices within a local area network like router, personal computer.
- It is used to form different network topologies.
- VGA cable
- Used to connect monitor to television.
- Used to connect monitor to the system unit.
- Fire wire cable: it is used to connect devices like printer, scanner to the computer.
- Sata cable: it is used to connect internal hard drives to a computer motherboard.
- Parallel cable or printer cable: they are used to connect printer to the computer system.
- Ide cable: they are used to connect different storage devices such as hard disk to the computer.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (SETTING UP A COMPUTER SYSTEM).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: USES OF COMPUTER CABLE
- .She/he mention and explains the uses of computer cable.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention
the usesof computer cable.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: the students mention the uses of computer cable.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- Define computer cables
- Mention the uses of computer cable.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: USES OF COMPUTER SOFTWARE
NEXT LESSON: DIFFERENT PART OF THE COMPUTER