TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS AND CONCEPTS
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: TYPES OF COMPUTER CABLE
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Name major types of computer cables
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Microsoft word cd
- Corel draw cd
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with uses of computer software.
WORD FILE: cables, transmission.
SETTING UP A COMPUTER SYSTEM
Computer cables are wires used to connect different parts of the computer together.it allows the transmission of power or data between different parts of the computer.
TYPES OF COMPUTER CABLES
- Power cable: it is the cable that is used to connect the computer system or other devices to power source. There are different forms of power cables. These are the monitor power cable, the system unit power cable, the printer power cable.
- Data cable: it allows easy communication between different devices. it is comprises of IDE cable, CD_ROM/CD writer.
- Usb cable: it allows easy communication between different devices. it is comprises of VGA cables, SATA cables. Etc.
- Video cable
- Audio cable
- Network or Ethernet cable: it is used to connect parts of the computer and other network devices within a local area network like router, personal computer.
- Audio cable, etc.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Uses of Computer Software).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: SETTING UP A COMPUTER SYSTEM
mentionand explains the computer cable.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention
the typesof computer cable.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: the students mention the mention the types of computer cable.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- Define computer cables
- Mention and explain the types of computer cable.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: USES OF COMPUTER SOFTWARE
NEXT LESSON: TYPES OF COMPUTER CABLE