TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: COMPUTER APPRECIATION
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 1
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: CARE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- List ways of taking good care of input devices.
- Mention ways of taking good care of output devices.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with classification of computer based on type.
WORD FILE: ventilated, internal, external.
CARE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE
Computer devices are delicate and can damaged by dust, heat and extreme moisture.
- Food items should not be consumed while working on a computer
- Water or any liquid should not be brought near the computer system
- Ensure the work area is clean and tidy
- Make use of dust covers to protect the computer and it peripherals from dust and dirt.
- Clean the computer regularly to avoid costly repairs
- Make sure is computer room is well ventilated to avoid over heating
- Properly shut down the computer when not in use.
- Use a soft cotton cloth to clean the computer screen
- Position the computer properly and securely on a flat surface
- Adjust your chair to provide a comfortable position when using the computer system
- Do not drop items on the computer or handle it carelessly especially when it is running to avoid internal and external damage to the hardware.
- Make use of surge protectors and stabilizers to prevent the effect of power fluctuations
- The computer should not be exposed to direct sunlight
- Make use of Uninterrupted power supply (UPS) to protect the computer from the effect of unexpected power is essential.
- Avoid overloading the socket the sockets as this may because electric sparks and even fire outbreak.
- Avoid rough handling of the system to avoid physical damage.
- Use password and antivirus to prevent unauthorized use of virus attack
- Arranged the hardware properly
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BASED ON TYPE).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: CARE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE.
- She/he explains ways of taking care of computer hardware’s.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the ways of taking care of computer hardware’s.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: student were ask to mention ways of taking care of computer hardware’s.
- Mention three ways we can care for our computer hardware
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BASED ON TYPE
NEXT LESSON: REASONS FOR TAKING CARE OF COMPUTER