SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: COMPUTER AS IPO SYSTEM
- Input Data
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know:
- Different Sources Of Information
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
REFERENCE MATERIALSUniversal Basic Education Curriculum.
Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) Curriculum for primary schools.
Lagos State Computer studies Scheme of work
Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
A Computer is an electronic machine that
- Accept Data (I): the computer accept data from the keyboard, mouse which is an input (I).
- Processes data (P): After the imputed data, the computer will process (P) the data using the Central processing Unit (CPU).
- Gives out information to the user (O): after the computer have process the data, it will return to the user as information on the monitor or through the printer. That is Output (O) like text, images, sounds or videos.
IPO = INPUT- PROCESS-OUTPUT
The IPO explain how the computer works.
COMPUTER KEYBOARD is one of the ways user input data to the computer. The keyboard contains several characters of keys like Number, Alphabet, symbols.
COMPUTER MOUSE: it is a small input device used by the user to move the cursor on a computer screen by dragging it along a flat surface.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
- Explain the IPO system using a diagram.