TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: SYSTEM SOFTWARE
- Meaning of system software.
- Types of system software.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Define the term system software.
- Mention difference Types of system software.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students have been taught Computer Software.
WORD FILE: interact,function, System.
System software’s are set of programs that controls the computer system. It ensures that all other computer software and computer hardware function properly. System software interact with the hardware, software and user
TYPES OF SYSTEM SOFTWARE
System software are categorized under the following:
- Operating System (OS). E.g windows os (windows 7, windows 8, windows 10), mac Osx, Linus os (Ubuntu os).
- Utility software, Antivirus (Avast antivirus), Windows firewall, Recuva.
- Device driver
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (COMPUTER SOFTWARE).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: SYSTEM SOFTWARE
- She/he explains computer system software.
- She/he explains the types of computer system software.
- She/he mentions examples of computer system software.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the examples of computer system software.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: the students mention the types and examples of computer system software.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- Define system software.
- List the types of system software.
- Mention three examples system software.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: COMPUTER SOFTWARE
NEXT LESSON: OPERATING SYSTEM