TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 13
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: DISTRIBUTION OF NATURAL RESOURCES
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to know:
- Reasons goods are distributed.
- Goods brought to our country (Import)
- Goods taken to other countries from our country(Export)
- How and by whom goods are distributed nowadays.
- How goods were distributed in the olden days.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Different Nigeria currency
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies TextBooks for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with conservation of natural resources.
WORD FILE: imported, Conservation, resources, environment.
REASONS WHY GOODS ARE DISTRIBUTED
Goods are distributed for the following reasons:
- To generate money.
- To prevent scarcity.
- For conservation.
- To prevent waste.
- To reach every part of the country/ world.
GOODS BROUGHT TO OUR COUNTRY (IMPORTS)
The following are goods that are imported into Nigeria
- Computers,e tc.
GOODS TAKEN OUT FROM THE COUNTRY TO OTHER COUNTRY (EXPORTS)
Some of the following goods are exported in Nigeria.
- Crude oil,
- Hids and skin,
How people distributed good now a day
HOW PEOPLE DISTRIBUTED GOODS IN THE OLDEN DAYS
- they use animals
- people carry load on their head
- logs and rafts of wood
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (CONSERVATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES)
- The Teacher introduces the topic (DISTRIBUTION OF NATURAL RESOURCES)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Mention three Reasons goods are distributed.
- List five Goods brought to our country (import)
- List five Goods taken to other countries from our country(export)
- Mention two ways how and by whom goods are distributed nowadays.
- Mention two ways how goods were distributed in the olden days.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: CONSERVATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES
NEXT LESSON: DISTRIBUTION OF NATURAL RESOURCES