TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: UNITY IN CULTURAL DIVERSITY
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: ROLES PLAYED BY FAMILIES IN MARRIAGE
At the end of this discussion in this Module, children should be able to know:
- Roles played by families in marriage
- Unhealthy marriage practices (consequences)
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with marriage.
WORD FILE: recommendation, matured, mutilation.
CONTENT OF THE MODULE
THE ROLES OF FAMILIES AND PARENT IN MARRIAGE
- Advice the daughter on how take care of herself.
- Parent teach their son on how to be a good husband and behave well.
- Advice the couples
- Encourage the partners
- Get useful information about the spouse.
- They contribute in one way or the order in organizing the marriage.
UNHEALTHY MARRIAGE PRACTICES
- Early marriage
- Same sex marriage
- Trial marriage
- Elopement marriage
- Wife swapping
- Wife inheritance
- Forced marriage
- Exclusion of women in marriage decision
- Female genital mutilation
- Widow hood practices
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (MARRIAGE CUSTOMS AND PRACTICES).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (ROLES PLAYED BY FAMILIES IN MARRIAGE)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Identify three Roles played by families in marriage
- Mention three Unhealthy marriage practices (consequences)
.CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: MARRIAGE CUSTOMS AND PRACTICES
NEXT LESSON: RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD