TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 1
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Paul’s Early Life
- Paul’s name, nationality and religion
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know about Paul’s name, nationality and religion
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
WORD FILE: citizenship, religious groups.
Memory verse: Acts 22: 5
Bible references: Acts 8: 1 – 3; Acts 7: 54 – 60; Acts 22: 3 -5; Acts 23: 6
Paul Early LIfe
Paul was born in Tarsus in Cilicia.so he was a Jew by birth but a Roman by citizenship. He was groom by a Greek teacher called Gamaliel. Paul learnt law from Gamaliel.
The Pharisees were members of one of the religious groups among the Jews who observed the laws of religion very strictly so that people could see them, but they don’t practice the spirit of religion. They are hypocrites because they felt they are holier and doing the will of God than others but they did not know the will of God. Do Paul was born by a Pharisee, so he was a Pharisee.
Paul was formerly called Saul before his conversion, he also persecute the church of God in Jerusalem. He was in support for the people that stone Stephen to death. He arrested Christians and put them in prison. He search for Christians from Jerusalem throughout the region of Judea and Samaria.
We as children of God we should always practice what we preach and not behave like the Pharisees. And we must do the work of the lord and ask for his understanding.
Prayers: lord, give us the grace to serve you in truth and in spirit. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (THE FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand Paul’s Early Life
- .The teacher explains the Paul’s name, religion and background to the people.
- Teacher leads pupils to explain Paul’s nationality and religion.
- explain how the holy spirit will guide us to all truth
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: THE FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
NEXT LESSON: PAUL’S CONVERSION