TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: APPLICATION SOFTWARES
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Define application software.
- List examples of application software.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Microsoft word cd
- Corel draw cd
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with Utilities Software.
WORD FILE: numerical, data, Application,specific.
Application programs are software that are design to perform a specific task for the users. So every task a user want to achieve have its own specific application software. Application software’s can be called Application or app.
EXAMPLES OF APPLICATION SOFTWARE ARE:
- Word processor: these software’s are used by the user to write text, edit text and store text on a computer. Examples are Microsoft word, Google Doc, notepad, word pad, etc.
- Spread sheet: it is used to arrange data, sort data and calculate different numerical data. It solves problems that involves rows and columns, calculations, accounting, stock taking, payroll. etc. Examples are Microsoft Excel, Google sheets, etc.
- Communication: it provides easy access to other computer systems and exchange files, messages. It includes internet software such as Explorer, skype. Voice to voice communication, outlook.
- Graphics: they are used for drawing pictures and other objects. Examples are Corel draw, Adobe Photoshop.
- Games: Mortal combat, chess titan.
- Video and audio player: Vlc media player, windows media player, etc.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Utilities Software).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Application Software
- She/he explains Application software.
- She/he mentions the examples of Application software.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the examples of Application Software.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: the students mention the types and examples of Application software.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- Define Application software.
- Mention the examples of Application software.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: UTILITIES SOFTWARE
NEXT LESSON: USES OF COMPUTER SOFTWARE