TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and high learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: COMPUTER HARDWARE
- Meaning of computer hardware
- Computer hard ware features
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Define the term Hardware
- Name the features of computer hardware.
- List parts of computer Hardware.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with Advantages of computer.
WORD FILE: electronic, comprises,processing.
Hardware means anything that can be touched or hold.
Computer hardware are the parts of computer that can be seen and touched. They comprises the electronic and physical parts of a computer system. Examples are keyboard, mouse, speaker, monitor, central processing unit, hard disk, etc.
FEATURES OF COMPUTER HARDWARE
Computer hardware features are:
- Computer hardware can be felt.
- It can be touched.
- It can be seen.
PARTS OF COMPUTER HARDWARE
Computer hardware are grouped into the following:
- Input device: these are computer parts through which data is sent into the computer. Examples are Keyboard, Joystick, scanner, stylus pen, webcam, light pen, etc.
- Output devices: these are parts that display the result of process data. Examples are speaker, printer, monitor, etc.
- System unit: it processes all the data entered into the computer. The central processing unit (CPU) is the brain of the computer system. The components are the Cpu and motherboard.
- Storage devices: these are parts used for storing data in electronic form. Examples are Hard disk, cd/dvd, zip disk.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Advantages of a computer).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Computer Hardware.
- She/he explains the term hardware and computer hardware.
- He/she explains the features of computer Hardware.
- The teacher leads the pupils to mention parts of computer Hardware.
- Hardware means what?
- What is Computer Hardware?
- List three features of computer Hardware.
- Mention three parts of computer hardware.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Advantages of a computer
NEXT LESSON: Computer hardware