TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
SUBJECT: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
THEME: FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENTS AND RHYTHMIC ACTIVITIES
WEEK: WEEK 1 – 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: RHYTHMIC ACTIVITIES AND EXPLANATION OF RHYTHMIC ACTIVITIES
- Explanation of rhythmic activity.
At the end of this discussion in this unit, student should be able to:
- List various rhythmic activities.
- Identify various rhythmic activity.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Physical and Health Education.
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: movements, pattern, Rhythmic.
Rhythmic activities are movements which are performed following a particular pattern over and over for a period of time.
EXAMPLES OF RHYTHMIC ACTIVITIES
Marching means to walk fast, with regular or measured steps. It is performed in a forward movement and more force is used when marching. Like the legs move quickly one after the other and each arm moves in opposite direction to the leg on its side.
It is performed by using a fast running animal like horse. The two front legs moves forward at the same time and the two back legs catch up with them. It is used to take a long high steps quickly, one after the other.
Hopping is performed by jumping from one foot and landing on the same foot.it can be done on one spot or can be used in moving forward or backward and sideways. During hopping the arms are used in addition to the leg to lift the body up and the landing is on the ball of the foot before the heel touches the ground. Hopping is mostly enjoyed if done with many people like friends and family.
RHYTHMIC SINGING AND DANCING
Dancing involves the movement of the body in a certain pattern in time to music or performance. Dancing helps us to be physical fit. There are different dance steps to different beats, songs and sounds.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (ATHLETICS).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (RHYTHMIC ACTIVITIES).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Learner’s practice hopping, galloping, marching.
Teacher ask the learners to:
- Define rhythmic activity.
- List the various rhythmic activities.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: RHYTHMIC ACTIVITIES AND EXPLANATION OF RHYTHMIC ACTIVITY
NEXT LESSON: FIELD EVENTS – LONG JUMP