Junior Secondary School Syllabus for Agricultural Science Jss1 Second Term
Lagos State Scheme of Work for Agriculture Jss1 Second Term
- CLASSES AND USES OF CROPS Life span of crops Uses of crops; span of crops Uses of crops
- CLASSIFICATION OF FARM ANIMALS Uses of farm animals
- SIMPLE FARM TOOLS Hand tools and their materials Uses of farm tools
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR AGRIC SCIENCE JSS 1 (Basic 7) – MODIFIED I
1. Classification of crops based on the life cycle
2 Classification of crops based on uses (a) food crops (b) oil, spices, latex beverages, fibre ,etc. (c) As sources of nutrient: Carbohydrates, proteins, fat/oil, minerals and vitamins
3. Ecological distribution of crops/factors affecting distribution of crops in Nigeria (Map of Nigeria required).
4. Forms of farm animals e.g. work animal, diary animal, guard animal, poultry bird ,etc.
5. Forms of farm animals (cont’d)
6. Classification of farm animals based on-Habitat-Aquatic and terrestrial, Mammals and Non-Mammals.
6. Classification of farm animals based on Digestive system-Ruminants and Non-Ruminants.
7. Characteristics of farm animals e.g. Cattle, Goat, Sheep, Pig, Poultry, Rabbit.
8. Breeds of farm animals, e.g. Cattle, Goat, Sheep, Pig, Poultry, Rabbit.
9. Uses of farm animals – Food, Work, Income, etc.
10. Ecological distribution/ factors affecting distribution of animals in Nigeria.
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR AGRIC SCIENCE JSS 1 (Basic 7) – MODIFIED II
- CLASSIFICATION OF CROP ACCORDING TO THEIR USES
- -3. FORMS OF FARM ANIMALS
- – 5. GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS OF FARM ANIMAL
6. IMPORTANT OF FARM ANIMAL
9. ECONOMIC IMPORTANCE, PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF INSECT PESTS