TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: UNITY IN CULTURAL DIVERSITY
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: PROCRESSES OF CHANGING CULTURE AND DIFFERENCES – DIVERSITY IN LANGUAGE
At the end of this discussion in this Module, children should be able to know:
- Different Nigeria languages
- How to treat people with different language
- Using Nigeria map to indicate languages
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies TextBooks for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with UNITY IN CULTURAL DIVERSITY .
WORD FILE: communicate, ethnic, understand .
CONTENT OF THE MODULE
Nigeria official language is English language. We use this language to communicate with one another. There are also different languages in Nigeria spoken by different ethnic groups.
DIFFERENT NIGERIA LANGUAGE
The following are major Nigerian languages
- Tiv, etc
HOW TO TREAT THOSE WHO SPEAK A LANGUAGE WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM OURS
- Make friends with them.
- Accept them for whom they are.
- Try to understand them.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (UNITY IN CULTURAL DIVERSITY).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (DIVERSITY IN LANGUAGE)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Mention five Nigeria languages
- Nigeria official language is —————
.CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: UNITY IN CULTURAL DIVERSITY
NEXT LESSON: MARRIAGE CUSTOM AND PRACTICES