TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 10
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: SYNTHETIC AND NATURALLY OCCURRING DRUGS
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to know:
- Meaning of synthetic and naturally occurring drugs.
- Examples of synthetic and naturally occurring drugs.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies TextBooks for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with peace education.
WORD FILE: legally, pharmaceutical, injection.
Drugs are what we take to prevent or cure illness.
Synthetic and naturally occurring drugs are legal drugs that human take to get well and make us healthy. They are used in treating diseases and injuries.
Legal drug is divided into two
- Naturally occurring drugs
- Synthetic drugs
- Naturally occurring drugs: these are chemical substance produce by living things. These are drugs obtained from nature. E.g. vegetable, kolanut, coffee.
- Synthetic drugs: these are chemical substance produced by human being to prevent or cure diseases. E.g. aspirin, chloroquine, paracetamol
They are in the form of liquid (syrup) or solid (tablets) which a person can drink or swallowed. Sometimes the liquid drug is taken through the use of injection. A person that sells drugs legally can be called any of these names; a druggist, a pharmacist, a chemist.
Legal drugs are gotten from a pharmaceutical stores, hospital.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (BASIC CONCEPT OF DRUG AND DRUG ABUSE, NATURE OF DRUG ABUSE).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (SYNTHETIC AND NATURALLY OCCURING DRUGS)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What are synthetic and naturally occurring drugs?
- Mention three Examples of synthetic and naturally occurring drugs.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: BASIC CONCEPT OF DRUG AND DRUG ABUSE, NATURE OF DRUG ABUSE.
NEXT LESSON: INTERNATIONAL CONFLICTS AND ORGANIZATION.