TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 10
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: RELIGION AND RELIGIOUS BELIEFS
At the end of this lesson, Pupils should be able to know:
- Concept of religion.
- Types of
religionpractice in the locality
- Religious intolerance
- Problems of religious intolerance.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social Studies.
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Online Materials.
- Edudelight Basic Social
Studies forPrimary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with modern marriage.
WORD FILE: communicate, fanatics,
Religion is the way man communicate with God.
RELIGION IN NIGERIA
We have three recognize religion in Nigeria
- Islamic religion
- Traditional religion
MEANING OF RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE
Religion intolerance is when people who practice a particular religion refuse to recognize and respect other people’s religion or believe. They see their own religion as the only true religion while every other person’s religion is not important. These people are called religious fanatics
PROBLEMS OF RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE
- Unfriendly relations with other people who practice other religion.
- Destruction of life and properties.
- Reduction in economic activities.
- Reduction in people’s income.
- It causes hatred among people.
RELEVANT VALUES TO RELIGIOUS DIFFERENCES
- Understanding unity
CONTROL OF RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE EDUCATION ON TOLERATING HUMAN RIGHT
- Nigeria should remain a secular state.
- Proscription of fanatical group’s i.e. they should be taken to the court.
- Religious bodies to pay compensation for damages done by their members.
- Police should intervene against fanatics.
ROLES OF RELIGIOUS BODIES IN DEVELOPMENT
- Teaching moral values.
- Provision of education
- Provision of health facilities and equipment.
- Encouragement of peaceful co –existence
- Provision of roads
- Provision of water.
- Provision of electricity
- Provision of market.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (MODERN MARRIAGE).
- The teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer (RELIGION AND RELIGIOUS BELIEFS).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher writes the note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask the learners to:
- Explain the Main features of Christian marriage by the reverend father or pastor conducts.
- Identify the Main features of Muslim marriage
- Identify the Main features of marriage by conducts.
- List three Values of Christian, Islamic and marriage
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: MODERN MARRIAGE
NEXT LESSON: CONTROLLING RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE DEVELOPMENT