TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION AND CONCEPT
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: COMPONENTS OF COMPUTER SYSTEM – USER
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Explain the term computer users.
- List computer users.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- System unit
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with Components of computer system.
WORD FILE: components,unprocessed,instruction.
COMPONENT OF COMPUTER SYSTEM
A computer consist of four main components:
- Hard ware
- Data and
What are Data?
Data are unprocessed fact. That is to say, it has no meaning.it can be a text, character, number, word that are not arranged. It is given as input for the computer to process. Data is process by the computer according to the given set of instruction.
EXAMPLES OF DATA
Numbers; 1, 2, 3, 0.3, 0.10, 7.23, 54.76, 68999,123344045, 5678889…
Alphabets; a, b, c, gsd, yrr, her, is, buy, timothy …
Alphanumeric Signs and Symbols; $, #, @, |/, |, N, %, +, -, )(, …
Information is a processed fact. That is, information gives meaning to the person reading it or her hearing it.
Examples of Information are
Name, 10%, $100
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
Some of the sources of information are as follows:
- Notice Board
The computer users are the people that make use of the computer. The users access the relevant information they require from the files or documents.
The following are the categories of computer users
- Programmer: A programmer is an expert that creates a set of instruction for the computer to perform specific operations. This process is called computer programming. He/she does this using a computer programming language.
- Operators: they are those that have direct contact with computer and use it almost every day.
- Policy Makers: they deal with online security, privacy and safety. Computer policy maker determine the impacts of computing on the society and it governance.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Components of computer system.).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Components of computer system – USER.
- She/he explains the term data and user.
- He. /she explains categories of computer users.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the categories of computer users.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: student were ask to mention the categories of computer users
- Data means what?
- Who are computer users?
- Mention three categories of computer user.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Components of computer system
NEXT LESSON: Classes of computer by type