Lagos State Scheme of work for Physical and Health Education
- Physical fitness: measuring physical fitness Components e.g. (I). Agility
(III). Flexibility (IV). Balance
- Gymnastic: stunts
(I). Sit up
(II). Crab walks
(III). Cart wheel
(IV). Head stand
- Recreation: Leisure and dancing activities Dance: local dances and examples, reason why People dance, costume.
- Computer games: Meaning and types of Computer games, component of computer game
e.g. mouse, keyboard, monitor, ups, control pad Etc.
- Martial art: Karate – history, importance, rules And regulations of karate, Taekwondo history Importance, rules and regulation official and their Duties, skills of taekwondo.
- Swimming: Basic swimming skills, basic swimming Strokes
- Pathogens, diseases and prevention Communicable diseases e.g. HIV/AIDS measles, Small pox, cholera, syphilis, gonorrhea, etc. Prevention of communicable diseases.
- Issues and challenges in physical and health Education: Drug education
(I). Drug abuse
(II) Danger of self medication
(III). Qualities needed For protection against drug addiction
9-13. Revision and Examination