TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: THE FAMILY
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 1
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: OTHER PEOPLE IN THE FAMILY
At the end of this discussion in this Module, children should be able to know:
- Other members of our family and how they relate to us.
- Obligation of the members of the families.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies TextBooks for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with Family.
WORD FILE: husband, assistance, misbehave.
CONTENT OF THE MODULE
OTHER MEMBERS OF OUR FAMILY
The following are other member of our family that are related by blood
- Uncles: is the brother of your mother or father, or the husband of our aunt.
- Aunts: is the sister of your mother or father, or the wife of your uncle.
- Nephews: the son of your brother or sister, husband or wife brother children is your nephew.
- Nieces: the daughter of brother or sister, husband or wife sister children is your niece.
- Cousins: the children of our uncle or aunt are our cousins.
OBLIGATIONS OF OTHER MEMBERS IN THE FAMILY
- Teaching us culture like greetings, showing respects.
- Caring for each other.
- Guiding and correcting us when we misbehave.
- Telling us folk stories about life and how to relate with people around us.
- Offering assistance when one parents are too poor to provide our needs.
ADVANTAGES OF ACCEPTING OTHER MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY INTO YOUR FAMILY
- Learning from one another ideas.
- Family chores are done quickly.
- Getting help will be very easy.
- Bring stronger bond among family members.
DISADVANTAGES OF ACCEPTING OTHER MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY INTO YOUR FAMILY
- Some can influence others with bad behaviours.
- It can attract criminals into the home.
- It could lead to misbehavior from stubborn members of the family.
- It might lead to disagreement and quarrels.
VALUES THAT PROMOTE COOPERATION IN THE FAMILY
- Love and care for one another.
- Show concern for one another.
- Promote peace, equity and justice.
- Tolerate and respect the views of others.
- Cooperate with one another for unity to thrive.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (THE FAMILY).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (OTHER PEOPLE IN THE FAMILY)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
- Mention the Other members of our family and how they relate to us.
- Mention three Obligations of the members of the families.
- List three advantages of accepting other members of the family into your family.
- State three disadvantages of accepting other members of the family into your family.
- Mention three values that promote cooperation in the family.
.CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: FAMILY
NEXT LESSON: UNITY IN CULTURAL DIVERSITY