Junior Secondary School Curriculum Christian Religious Knowledge- Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum CRK JSS1
JSS1 Second Term CRK Curriculum Lagos State
- Review of first term work
- Call to Service
- Joseph responded to call service. Gen 37
- The call of Moses. Exo 3
- The call of Joshua to Service
- Call to obedience, Abraham Obedience to God’s call
- Relationship in family
- Relationship in the school community
- Relationship in the church.
JSS1 Second Term CRK Curriculum – Modified
1. Revision of first term work.
2. Relationship in Family: (a) Meaning and Types of Family (b) Recognition of family members.
(c) Different roles of members of the family Eph. 6: 1-9; 5:21-33. Col. 3:18-21. I Pet. 3:1-7.
(d) Concept of good family name. Pro. 22:1. Eccl 12:1
3. Relationship in school 🙁 a) Names of members of the school (school principal, subject teachers,
House masters/mistresses, prefects, etc.) (b) choosing friends at school (factors – common
Interest, age, religion, etc.)
4. Relationship at school: (c) Friendship between David and Jonathan. 1 Sam 18:1-5.
(d) Bad friendship leads to cultism, stealing, drug addiction, prostitution, lesbianism,
Homosexual, smoking, drinking, laziness, truancy etc. Pro. 1:10; 2 Thess. 3:6-13
5. Relationship in the community: (a) Identification of the names of community leaders
(b) Ways of sustaining relationship in the community – Respect for elders and leaders,
Obeying the laws of the land, participation in community development programs caring
for the needy, religious tolerance, etc. Matt. 25:31-46.
6. Relationship in the Church (c) Identification of the names of church leaders (d) Relationship
In the church i. love your Christian brothers and sisters etc. Rom 12:9-21. ii. Maintaining
Relationship in the church 1 Peter 3:8-13. Rom 13:1-7. (e) Field trip (pay visit to an orphanage
within the locality of state).
7. Relationship with God (a) Prayers as means of communicating with God (b) Relating with
God through prayer, reading the Bible, worshipping God, praising etc. Luke 6:9-13.
8. Relationship with God: (c). Ways God talks to us i. our parents, the Bible (His word),
our church leaders like Priests and Pastors, teachers etc. (d) Ways of maintaining good
Relationship with God i. loving one another ii. Daily prayer and living a holy life
iii. Worshipping God and doing good. iv. Reading the Bible daily v. forgiving one another
9. Call to Obedience: (a) meaning of obedience (b) Abraham obeys God’s call (c) Blessings from
Obeying God’s call. Gen 12:1-9
10. Call to obedience: (d) Abraham demonstrates his obedience i. the birth of Isaac Gen 21:1-8
ii. The ‘sacrifice ‘of Isaac Gen 22:1-19.
11&12 Revision and Examination