TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 6/ BASIC 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: REASONS FOR GIVING NATIONAL HONOURS
- Reasons for giving national Honours.
- Examples of selfless service.
- Outstanding National Award Recipient.
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know:
- Reasons for giving national Honours
- Examples of selfless service
- Outstanding National Award Recipient
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Sample of an award
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
- Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with Nationation Honour Award.
WORD FILE: patriotism,meritorious .
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
REASONS FOR NATIONAL HONOURS AWARDS
- To encourage he person and other people to do more
- To show the result for hardwork.
- For excellence
- To promote patriotism
- To promote selfless services
- For meritorious service
EXAMPLES OF SELFLESS SERVICE
OUTSTANDING NATIONAL AWARD RECIPIENT
The following are names of people that have been giving national honour award. These are:
1 Alhaji Aliko Dangote Chairman Dangote
Group Private GCON
2 Rt. Hon. Aminu Tambuwal Speaker House Of Representative Public CFR
3 Mr. Ita Ekpentoung E. Ita Dg Sss Public CFR
4 Mohammed Bello Adoke, San Attorney General Of The Federal Public CFR
5 Air Chief Oluseyi Petinrin Chief Of Defence Staff Public CFR
6 Air Marshal Muhammed Dikko Umar Chief Of Air Staff (Cas) Public CFR
7 Vice Admiral Sa’ad Ibrahim Chief Of Naval Staff (Cns) Public CFR
8 Lt-Gen. Azubuke Ihejrika Chief Of Army Staff Public CFR
9 Hafiz Rigim Inspector General Of Police Public CFR
10 Abdullahi, D.I Comptroller General Of Police Public CFR
11 Alhaji Isa Bello Sali Head Of Civil Service Of The Federation Public CFR
12 Amb. Ezekiel O. Oladeji DG NIA Public CFR
13 Hon. Justice Aloma Mariam Mukhtar Justice of the Supreme Court Public
14 Justice Dalhatu Adamu Ag. President, Court Of Appeal Public CFR
15 Mrs Victoria Gowon Former First Lady of Nigeria Public CFR
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (NATIONAL HONOURS AWARD).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand the topic: REASONS FOR GIVING NATIONAL HONOURS
- She/he explain the examples of selfless service.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the names of people that have been given these national award.
- List three Examples of selfless service
- Mention Outstanding National Award Recipient
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: NATIONAL HONOURS AWARD
NEXT LESSON: VALUING NIGERIA GOODS