SUBJECT: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: FOOD AND NUTRITION II
- Characteristics of nutrition deficient Person
- Consequence of family Size on Nutrition
At the end of this discussion in this unit, children should be able to know:
- the characteristics of deficiency in a person
- The meaning of family size.
- The consequences of large family size on the nutrition of family members.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Palm oil
- Vegetable oil
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools
CHARACTERISTICS OF NUTRITION DEFICIENT PERSON
Some of the characteristics of deficiency are:
- Poor night vision
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Easy Bruising
- Dry Hair
- Tingly Feet and Wobbly Walking
- Fragile Finger Nails
- Frequent Infection
- Stretch Mark
- Cracks in the corners of your mouth.
- Ageing in children
CONSEQUENCE OF FAMILY SIZE ON NUTRITION
FAMILY SIZE: it is the number of people in a family and house.
Size of family can also affect nutrition.
The following are some of the consequences of large family size on Nutrition
- Frequent visit to hospital for medication due to poor nutrition
- Lack of enough food
- Poor health
- They are Victims of diseases like Kwashiorkor, anemia, scurvy.
- Low child care
- Exposure to dirty environment
- Stunted growth
- Lead to poverty
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What is Family size?
- Mention five characteristics of nutrition deficient person.
- Mention five consequence of family size on nutrition.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.