SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
THEME: UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: IDENTIFICATION AND USES OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) GADGET
- Meaning of ICT(Information and Communication Technology)
- Analog and Digital Systems
At the end of this Topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the Meaning of ICT (Information and Communication Technology)
- Know the difference between Analog and Digital Systems
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Cell phone
- Toy car
- Ring boiler
- Toy Aero plane
- Toy ship
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Basic Science and Technology for Primary Schools.
CONTENT OF THE TOPIC
PRODUCT OF TECHNOLOGY
Some products of technology are:
- Electric cooker
- Cell phone
- Gas Cooker
- Laptop computer
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What is the Meaning of ICT(Information and Communication Technology)
- differentiate between Analog and Digital Systems
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.