SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK FIVE
THEME: YOU AND TECHNOLOGY
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: DRAWING INSTRUMENT
- Definition of Drawing Instrument
- Identification of Drawing Instrument
- Care of Drawing instrument
At the end of this Topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Identify drawing instrument.
- List five drawing instrument
- State the use of drawing instruments and materials
- state the uses of drawing instruments
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Drawing board
- Pairs of Compass
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Basic Science and Technology for Primary Schools.
DEFINITION OF DRAWING INSTRUMENT
Drawing is a picture representation of an object or an idea.
Drawing instrument are materials we use for drawing
IDENTIFICATION OF DRAWING MATERIALS AND THEIR USES
- Drawing Board – used for sketching and drawing objects.
- Tee- square – used to draw horizontal line.
- Ruler – used to draw straight line.
- Compass – used to draw circle or arc
- Set square – used to draw vertical line.
- Protractor – used for measuring and drawing Angles.
- Pencil –used for drawing.
- Drawing Paper.
- Crayon –for colouring.
- Eraser – used to clean mistakes when drawing.
CARE FOR DRAWING INSTRUMENT
- Keep your work space clean
- Use a paint brush to remove colour residue after sharpening a pencil.
- Clean your eraser by robing it with cotton cloth or washing it with soapy water.
- Always return the instrument to the right place after use.
- Carry your drawing instrument caution.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
Learners are asked:
- Define drawing.
- What are drawing instrument.
- List five drawing instrument and their uses.
- Identify drawing instrument on the table.
- Draw a circle and a straight line using the right drawing instrument.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
- List ten Drawing instrument.
- List three drawing instrument used in school.
- Mention three drawing instruments in a mathematical set.
- Use your pencil and ruler to draw a triangle and a rectangle.