Junior Secondary School Curriculum Christian Religious Knowledge- Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum CRK JSS3
JSS3 Second Term CRK Curriculum Lagos State
- Revision and correction of first term’s work.
- The Ministry of Peter: (a) Peter and Simon the Magician (Sorcerer) (b) Healing miracles of Peter: (i) Raising of Dorcas from Death. Acts 9:32-42.
- The Ministry of Peter: (c) Peter Converts Cornelius Acts 11:1-18, (d) Peter defends his action in Cornelius’ house. Acts 11:1-18. (e) The Detention of Peter and his divine release from Herod’s prison and death. Acts 12:1-24
- Paul’s Early Life and His Conversion: (a) Paul’s Nativity and Education Acts 22:1-5; 26-38. (b) Paul’s persecution of the early Church. Acts 7:57-58; 8:1-3; (c) Paul’s Conversion Acts 9:1-19.
- The Missionary Activities of Paul: (a) Paul’s first Missionary Journey Acts 13 and 14. (b) The Church council at Jerusalem. Acts 15:1-35.
- The Missionary Activities of Paul: (c) Paul’s second Missionary Journey. Acts 15: 36-38; 18:22 (d) Paul’s third Missionary Journey. Acts 18:23-28.
- Some of Paul’s Teaching: Paul’s teaching on: Dignity of Labour. 2Thess. 3:6-15; Col. 3:23. (ii) Paul’s teaching on: Obedience to constituted authority. Rom.13:1-7, Eph. 6:5-8. (iii) Paul’s teaching on: Love, 1Cor.13; Rom.13:8-10.
- Paul and his Trials: (a) Paul’s arrival at Jerusalem and his arrest. Acts 21:17-40. (b) Paul before the Jewish Council (The Sanhedrin) and the plot to kill him. Acts 22:30-33, 35. (c) Paul before Roman Governors (Felix, Festus and King Agrippa) and his appeal to Rome. Acts 25: 1-21; (i) Felix –Acts 24:1-27, Festus and Agrippa- Acts 25:22; 26:1-32.
- The Growth of the Church: (a) The Great Commission. Matt.28: 19-20; Mark 16:15-16;Luke 24: 47; Acts 1:8. (b) The Orthodox Churches e.g. Roman Catholic Mission, Anglican, Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, EWCA, etc (c) Indigenous Churches e.g. Cherubim and Seraphim, Celestial Church of Christ, CAC, etc.
- The Growth of the Church: (d) Pentecostal Churches e.g. Deeper Life Bible Church, The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Winners Chapel, Church of God Mission, etc. (e) Marks of growth in the church e.g. organizing crusades, Revivals, Vigils, prayer meetings, miracles etc. Acts 2:1-end.
JSS3 Second Term CRK Curriculum – Modified
PAUL’S EARLY LIFE AND HIS CONVERSION
1. Paul’s Nativity and Education
2. Paul’s Persecution of the Early Church
The Conversion of Paul
THE MISSIONARY ACTIVITIES OF PAUL
3. Paul’s First Missionary Journey
4. The Church Council at Jerusalem
5. Paul’s Third Missionary Journey
SOME OF PAUL’S TEACHING
6. Paul’s Teaching on: The Dignity of Labour
7. Paul’s Teaching on Obedience to Constituted Authority
8. Paul’s Teaching on Love
PAUL AND HIS TRIALS
9. Paul’s Arrival at Jerusalem and His Arrest
10. Paul Before the Jewish Council (Sanhedrin) and the Plot to Kill Him
11. Paul Before Roman Governors
12.Revision and Examination