TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 1
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: GOD CREATES AND WANT US TO CREATE
- Things created by God. Genesis 1: 14 -15
- The story of creation. Genesis 1: 14 – 25
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Things created by God. Genesis
- The story of creation. Genesis
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON:
Memory verse: Genesis 1:1
Bible references: Genesis 1: 14 -15, Genesis 1: 14 – 25
THINGS CREATED BY GOD
God created the heaven and the earth. The earth was empty, there was darkness all over the earth, and the spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. God created everything in six days and he rested on the seventh day.
The following are what God created from day one to day seven.
- God created day and night on the first day.
- God created the firmament on the second day.
- God created seas and dry land on the third day.
- God created the moon, the sun and the star on the fourth day.
- God created the birds and the creatures that live in the sea.
- God created all animals that lived on land and he created man on the sixth day.
- God rested on the seventh day.
God Created Man in His Own Image – Genesis 1; 26 – 28; Genesis 2: 7
God created land and animals and he created man on the sixth day. He created man in his own image and after his likeness. This means that we human are spiritual being like God, we look like God, his spirit is in us and some intelligence to work with and possess the attitude of God and we should develop our spiritual abilities through fasting and praying.
God created us and all other things. This shows that he has great power. We should always praised and worshipped God.
GOD’S CREATIONS ARE FOR MAN‘S INTEREST
God have given man dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living things that moves upon the earth because he want use to be well to do.
God created the following things for man’s interest:
- Raw materials
- For pleasure
- Good health
THINGS CREATED BY MAN
Since we are created in Gods image and Gods likeness, we also have the ability to create things using the materials (water, plants, soil, wood, air) God created.
The following are things that man created:
- Mobile phones
- House. Etc.
Prayers: teach us how to pray oh lord.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (Jesus Prayed to the father)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand God Creates and Want Us to Create.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention what God created from day one to day seven.
- Mention the things god created from day one to day six.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Jesus Prayed to the father
NEXT LESSON: God Created Man in His Own Image.