TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
THEME: PROCESSES OF AGRICULTURE PRODUCTION
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR LIVE STOCK PRODUCTION (ANIMAL HUSBANDRY)
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know the:
- Meaning of livestock.
- Examples of livestock.
- Requirement for livestock management.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Agricultural Science (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Ededelight Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: the students are familiar with how to raise crops.
WORD FILE: domesticated,commodities, Residues.
WHAT ARE LIVESTOCK? Livestock are domesticated animals raised to produce labour and commodities such as food, milk, eggs, and fiber. They are raise mainly for profits.
ANIMAL HUSBANDRY is the breeding and caring of farm animals.it can also be called Animal Farming.
Livestock production in Nigeria is one third of the Nigeria’s agricultural gross domestic product (gdp). it is also a major source of government revenue in Nigeria.
EXAMPLES OF LIVESTOCK:
The Examples Of Livestock Animals Are:
- Grass Cutter
- Birds (Poultry)
IMPORTANCE OF LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION
- LAND MANAGEMENT
- DAIRY PRODUCTS
LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION HAS ALSO HELP NIGERIA ECONOMY BY
- Providing Income
- Farm Energy
- Reduction Of Crop Residues : Livestock Can Be Fed On Crop Residues, Like Straw, Fruits And Grains, As Well As Other Products That Would Have Otherwise Been Disposed Of
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION
Some of the career opportunities in livestock production are:
- Livestock Management
- Ranch Manager
- Agriculture Business Manager
- Agriculture Manager
- The Teacher Revises The Previous Lesson.
- The Teacher Introduces The Topic.
- The Teacher Explains The Lessons.
- What are livestock?
- mention two examples of livestock
CONCLUSION: THE TEACHER SUMMARIZE THE LESSON.
PREVIOUS LESSON: CLASSIFICATION BASED ON WHERE THE ANIMALS LIVE
NEXT LESSON: ANIMAL HUSBANDRY