SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: SPECIFIC NEEDS OF YOUNG ANIMALS FOR HEALTHY GROWTH
UNITS: Needs of Growing Farm Animals
- Needs Of Growing Farm Animals
- Effects Of Lack Of Care On The Growing Animals
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know the:
- Needs of growing farm animals
- Effects of lack of care on the growing animals
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- The teacher will take the students to the school farm
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Online Materials.
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
NEEDS OF GROWING FARM ANIMALS
Young animals needs special and proper attention when growing because they arethe most defenseless immediately after weaning. During this stage in life, there is a high risk of infections that compromise growth and even lead to the death of the animal .Some of the needs of young animals for them to be healthy and grow very well are:
- provision of mothers milk for Balanced food
- Provision of clean water
- Provision of feed with high quality of protein
- Provides shelter from cold, sun and rain
- Provision of adequate medication
- Clean Environment
- Provision of beddings
- appropriate handling of the animals
- checking of animal behavior pattern
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention Three Needs Of Growing Farm Animals
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.