Junior Secondary School Curriculum Music – Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Music JSS2
JSS2 Second Term Music Curriculum Lagos State
WEEK ONE – REVISION
WEEK TWO – Types of triad, qualities and description
WEEK THREE – Construction of tonic triad – C, G, D and A
WEEK FOUR – Musical intervals – major and perfect interval
WEEK FIVE – Major scale (B & F# major)
WEEK SIX – Life and works of Joseph Haydn and T K E Philips
WEEK SEVEN – Simple sight reading
WEEK EIGHT – three forms of minor scale
WEEK NINE – inversion of intervals
WEEK TEN – TWELVE Revision and Examination
JSS2 Second Term Music Curriculum – Modified
- Revision of work done in First Term.
- African Musical Instruments- Classification- Idiophone, Aerophone, Chordophone and Membranophone.
- Keyboard Setting- Tones and Semitones, Enharmonic Notes.
- Western Musical Instruments-Types and Classifications.
- Intervals-Definition,Kinds-Major and Minor.
- Intervals-Perfect, Augmented and Diminished.
- History of Music 1- Some Nigerian Art Musicians- Echezona, Akin Euba, Nzewi, T. K. E. Philips and Sam Ojukwu.
- Triads and Chords- Definition, Composition, Types-Primary (Major) and Secondary (Minor)
- Triads- Triads of Major Keys with Sharps and Flats. Inversion of Triads of Major Keys (Sharp and Flat Keys).
- Time Signature. Simple and Compound.