TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: GOD SUPPIES OUR NEEDS
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- God provides our needs. Mathew 6: 25 – 36
- God grants our request when we ask him for something Mathew 7: 1 -11
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with God saves us from danger.
WORD FILE: Israelite
Bible references: Mathew 6: 25 – 36, Mathew 7: 1 -11
GOD GRANTS OUR REQUEST WHEN WE ASK HIM FOR SOMETHING – MATHEW 7: 1 -11
One of the name of God is Jehovah Jira. This means God is our provider. God is always available to provide our needs if we ask him in prayer. Jesus told us not to ask and it will be given unto us, when we seek we will find and when we knock it will be open to us. So, we should not worry our self about anything bit trust God because he does what he say and gives what he promises. In the bible God provided man and quails for the Israelites in the desert, God provided food for five thousand people from five loaves and two fish through Jesus Christ.
GOD PROVIDES OUR NEEDS – MATHEW 6: 25 – 36
God is able to provide for us anywhere we are.
God provides the following things for our welfare
- Plants and trees
- Sea, river
- Birds of the air
- Night and day
- Good health
Prayers: O Lord, supply us with our daily needs. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (GOD SAVES US FROM DANGER)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand GOD SUPPIES OUR NEEDS
- The teacher explains why God grants our request when we ask him for something.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention things God provides for our needs.
- Mention the ways God provides for our needs.
- List three things God provides for us.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: GOD SAVES US FROM DANGER
NEXT LESSON: THINGS GOD PROVIDES.