SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 1
AGE: SIX (6) YEARS
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: WHY WE MUST NOT WASTE WATER
At the end of this lesson, learners should be able to:
- why we must not waste water
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Pictures showing the sources of water
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
WHY WE MUST NOT WASTE WATER
Wastage of water should not be allowed because
- There are some places in need of the water
- Water is necessary for life
- The less we use water, the less money and energy we spend in processing and having it transported in our homes, hospitals, and other establishments.
- Wasting water increases the value of other commodities.
- It improves water quality.
- It ensures that it can be continually used for recreational purposes.
- It gives future generations the opportunity to thrive
- Water is essential to preserve the environment.
- water conservation actually helps with reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Teacher briefly discuss the previous lesson (risk factor in food distribution and preparation).
- Teacher defines and explain water and it characteristics
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer pupil’s questions.
The teacher ask the learners to:
- Mention three reasons why we must not waste water