TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: VALUE OF HARD WORK
- Paul’s letter to the Thessalonians. II Thessalonians 3: 6 – 15.
- Dignity of labour and its advantages.
- Aiding labour with prayer.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know Paul’s letter to the Thessalonians. II Thessalonians 3: 6 – 15.
- Know the Dignity of labour and its advantages.
- Know how to Aid labzour with prayer.
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with Decision Making.
WORD FILE: quietness,Maximum.
Memory verse: II Thessalonians 3: 10
Bible references: II Thessalonians 3: 6 – 15.
PAUL’S LETTER TO THE THESSALONIANS
Paul, urged them to work hard in the letter to the Christians in Thessalonica because there were some of them who were very lazy and not willing to work. Paul used his own case as an examples. He warned them not to be busy bodies, but to work in quietness and eat their own bread. He added that if anyone would not take this advice, they should not have anything to do with such a person.
Despite the Paul was known as a preacher. He did other jobs like tent making.
Advantages of Hard work
Some of the following are the advantages of hard work.
- It reduces crime rate.
- It leads to success.
- Maximum use of time.
- The society will move forward
Prayers: O lord, help us to be hard working, in Jesus name. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (Decision Making).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand VALUE OF HARD WORK.
- The teacher explains the Paul’s letter to the Thessalonians.
- The teacher explain the Advantages of hard work.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the advantages of hard work.
- What is hard work?
- explains the Paul’s letter to the Thessalonians
- List three advantages of hard work.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Decision Making
NEXT LESSON: Ordered relationship in the family, church and society.