TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: God Created Man in His Own Image
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know how God Created Man in His Own Image
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with God Creates and Want Us to Create.
WORD FILE: spiritual, abilities, attitude.
Memory verse: Genesis 1:1
Bible references: Genesis 1; 26 – 28; Genesis 2: 7
God Created Man in His Own Image – Genesis 1; 26 – 28; Genesis 2: 7
God created land and animals and he created man on the sixth day. He created man in his own image and after his likeness. This means that we human are spiritual being like God, we look like God, his spirit is in us and some intelligence to work with and possess the attitude of God and we should develop our spiritual abilities through fasting and praying.
God created us and all other things. This shows that he has great power. We should always praised and worshipped God.
GOD’S CREATIONS ARE FOR MAN‘S INTEREST
God have given man dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living things that moves upon the earth because he want use to be well to do.
God created the following things for man’s interest:
- Raw materials
- For pleasure
- Good health
THINGS CREATED BY MAN
Since we are created in Gods image and Gods likeness, we also have the ability to create things using the materials (water, plants, soil, wood, air) God created.
The following are things that man created:
- Mobile phones
- House. Etc.
Prayers: teach us how to pray oh lord.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (God Creates and Want Us to Create)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand God Created Man in His Own Image.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention why God created man in his own image.
- Why did God Created Man in His Own Image?
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: God Creates and Want Us to Create
NEXT LESSON: God Created Man in His Own Image.