TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
- Definition of monitor
- Types of monitor
- Uses of monitor
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Define the term monitor
- List Types of monitor
- Mention the Uses of monitor
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students have been taught output device.
WORD FILE: process, Monitor, process, electronic, pictorial, monochrome, Visual, Display
Monitor is an output device that display the result of process data to the user in electronic form they display information in pictorial form, video, sound, text.
The monitor types are the monochrome and coloured monitors. The monitor looks like a television and there is on/off switch. It can also be called the Visual Display Unit (VDU).
TYPES OF MONITOR BASED ON COLOUR
There are different types of Monitors. They are monochrome monitor, grey –scale monitor and coloured monitors.
Monochrome monitor: this monitor can display two colours, one is for the text (foreground) and one is for the background.
Grey – Scale Monitor: this monitor display different shades of grey.
Colour Monitor: this monitor can display over one million different colours. Coloured monitor generate Red, green, Blue, (RGB) light.
TYPES OF MONITOR BASED ON SIZE AND SHAPE
The size and shape of monitors are in two forms. These are Flat – panel Display (Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)) and Light Emitting Diode (LED) and Cathode Ray Tube (CRT).
- Flat – panel Display (Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)) and Light Emitting Diode (LED): these are modern day monitors. They are slim and light. They are easier on the eyes and it does not consume much current.
- Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Monitor: this type of monitor is very big and heavy.
USES OF COMPUTER MONITOR
- It can be used to watch movies.
- To display result of processed data.
- To play video games
- It helps to display data entered into the computer.
- To displays information from the computer as visual images.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (HARDWARE COMPONENTS (OUTPUT DEVICES)).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: MONITOR
- She/he explains the examples output devices.
Teacherleads pupils to select each output devices and say itname.
- Define monitor.
- List the three types of monitors.
- —————– is used to display processed data in electronic form.
- Mention three uses of computer.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
NEXT LESSON: PRINTERS.