TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS AND CONCEPTS
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: CONNECTING THE DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE COMPUTER UNITS CORRECTLY
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Connect different part of the computer correctly.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with different part of the computer.
WORD FILE: interruptible,monitor.
For the computer to work the following parts have to be connected.
- System unit
The following are ways the computer parts can be connected.
- Ensure the power source is off before making any connection.
- Connect the mouse cable to the usb port on the system unit.
- Connect the keyboard cable to the usb port on the system unit.
- Connect the monitor cable to the monitor port on the system unit.
- Connect the printer’s cable to the usb port on the back of the system units.
- Connect the speaker to the system unit.
- Connect the interruptible power supply (UPS) to the power source using its power cord.
- Connect the system unit and monitors to the ups.
- Connect the computer, printer, scanner and other power external peripherals to a power source.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (DIFFERENT PART OF THE COMPUTER).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: CONNECTING THE DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE COMPUTER UNITS CORRECTLY
- .She/he mention and explains the steps to take when connecting different part of the computer.
- Teacher leads pupils to connect
different partsof the computer.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: the students connect different parts of the computer.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- mention and explains the steps to take when connecting different part of the computer
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: DIFFERENT PART OF THE COMPUTER