TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Jesus Prayed to the father
- Reasons why Jesus prayed.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Reasons why Jesus prayed
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with Conditions for Forgiveness.
Memory verse: Mathew 6: 9 – 13
Bible references: Luke 6: 12, Mathew 21: 22, Mathew 6: 9 – 13.
REASONS WHY JESUS PRAYED
The following are some of the reasons why Jesus Prayed.
- To honour God and glorify Him.
- To receive power from God for ministry.
- To show an example of how to pray to his disciples and followers.
- He prayed to give thanks to God.
- Jesus prayed that God’s will should be done on earth as it was in heaven.
CONTENT OF JESUS’S PRAYER
Jesus prayer usually contained thanks and worship God and requested what he wanted God to do for him.
Prayers: teach us how to pray oh lord.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (Conditions for Forgiveness)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand Jesus Prayed to the father.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the reasons why Jesus prayed.
- Mention three Reasons why Jesus prayed.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Conditions for Forgiveness
NEXT LESSON: Evidence of the Prayed life of Jesus.