TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
- Definition of printers
- Types of printers
- Uses of printers
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Define the term printers
- List Types of printers
- Mention the Uses of printers
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students have been taught monitor.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: process, Printers, process, electronic, pictorial, monochrome, Visual, Display
Printers is an output device that is used to print result of process data such as text, picture on a sheet of paper (Hard copy).
TYPES OF PRINTERS
Printers are classified into Impact Printer and non-impact printer.
IMPACT PRINTER: this type of printer is slow and noisy. It work by banging a head or needle against an ink ribbon to make a mark on the paper. Examples of impact printers are Line printers, Dot – Matrix printers, etc.
Non – Impact printer: this type of printer do not make noise. It does not use any striking device to produce text, symbols on the paper. Examples of non – impact printers are inkjet printers and laser printers.
USES OF COMPUTER PRINTERS
- Used for domestic and industrial purposes.
- Used as copying machines.
- Printers are used to print texts, figures and symbols on a sheet of paper.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (MONITOR).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: PRINTERS
- She/he explains the examples printers.
- She/he explains the types of printers.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the uses of
- Define printers.
- List the two types of printers.
- —————– is used to display processed data on
- Mention three uses of computer.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: MONITORS
NEXT LESSON: SYSTEM UNIT