SUBJECT: SECURITY EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: VIOLENT OFFENCES
At the end of this topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Explain violent offences
- Avoid violent offences
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos clips
- Law bills
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
Violent offence is when someone physically hurts or threatens a person and it also includes crimes where a weapon is used.
Violent crime includes
- Homicide – Killing of human being by a human being
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Anti-social Behaviours).
- The Teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask the learners to:
- Define violence offences
- List four examples of violent offences
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer questions.