TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
THEME: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CIVIC VALUES
At the end of this discussion in this unit, pupils should be able to know:
- Meaning of civic values.
- Example of civic value
- Need for civic values in the society
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: Revision of last term work.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF CIVIC VALUES
Civic Values are qualities and beliefs that people in the society have, share to make their environment a better and convenient place to live.
EXAMPLE OF CIVIC VALUE
The following are examples of good civic values
- Be Loyal to authority and the society (Obedience).
- To be truthful (honesty).
- Giving your time, effort, hard work, money, service and more for the development of the society (Dedication).
- To do the right things (Obedience).
- We should recognize every member of the society as equal (justice).
NEED FOR CIVIC VALUES IN THE SOCIETY
The following are benefits for showing good civic society.
- For peace and progress
- Promotion of human rights
- Promotion of democracy
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARENT AND CHILDREN)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand Civic values.
- She/he explains the examples of civic values.
- He/she explains the needs of civic value in the society.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the duties of civic values.
- What is civic values?
- Mention three Examples of civic value s
- Mention three Needs for civic values in the society
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARENT AND CHILDREN
NEXT LESSON: NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
I am really great ful for the help you people has given to me
thank you for the help