SUBJECT: SECURITY EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 10
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CONTENTMENT AS AN INSTRUMENT OF AVOIDING CRIMINAL BEHAVIOUR
At the end of this topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Define contentment
- Understand contentment as an instrument of avoiding criminal behaviour
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos clips
- Law bills
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
Contentment means state of happiness and satisfaction and has absolutely nothing to do with any external pleasure or condition.
When you are contented with what you have, you will not steal, fight, you will not be jealous, greedy, you will always be happy with what your parent have given to you.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (avoiding criminal behaviours).
- The Teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
- ————————- means state of happiness and satisfaction
- Contented children don’t ———————-, ———————- and ——————
- If you are contented with what you have, you have absolutely nothing to do with any external ——————- and ———————–.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer questions.