SUBJECT: SECURITY EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: AVOIDING PEER PRESSURE
At the end of this topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Explain peer pressure
- How to avoid pressures
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos clips
- Law bills
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
Peer pressure is the way people of the same social group, age bracket can influence one another.
WAYS TO AVOID PEER PRESSURE
- Ask questions
- Follow good friends
- Say “No” to crime
- Look for a positive role model
- Move away from the pressure zone
- Be your own best friend
- Find ways to excel
- Focus on your studies
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Avoiding criminal behaviour).
- The Teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
- ———— is the way that people of the same social group can influence one another
- List five ways to avoid peer pressure.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer questions.